San Diego Radio Sucks Quite A Bit

Saturday, January 1, 2011

xxx days 'til Coachella - you motherfuckers stole my YouTube account

Happy new year.  Yeah, so you bastards had the "integrity" to have some pseudonym'd fuck called "Bill Fold" call me and tell me, "Yeah, we really want to work with you, we really want your YouTube username, just tell us what you want."

So of course I offered something totally out of bounds because Goldenvoice is a bunch of assholes who like to make money and care about music only as a means to that end.

Well, after several months passed, I got the equivalent of a TSA pat-down without so much as a herpes-laiden smooch.  They stole my username without even so much as asking if I'd care to be reasonable.

Well fuck 'em.  The Coachella page looks like shit, and of course, they've got a link to MY YouTube account, which they raped me for.

I'm honestly not as bitter as I should be.  When this happened, I decided that it was Goldenvoice, not Coachella, who screwed me.  And I stand by that.  Coachella is an amazing thing.  But let us never forget:

GOLDENVOICE IS A FUCKING CORPORATION AND THEY WILL VIVISECT YOUR FIRSTBORN CHILD IF IT MAKES THEM AN EXTRA DOLLAR.

And beyond that, there's no countdown on the homepage, so I can't even tell you how many days it is until the festival. (And NO, smartass, I don't care to count. That's what Web pages devoted to major festivals are for.

All this aside, I've been realizing lately that this will be my tenth Coachella, and unless they do something really amazing (read: BOWIE, BOARDS OF CANADA, EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL, LAMB, TOM WAITS) I may be done with it.

So come on, you bastards, you can roll over the little guy, show me you still care about all the little people out here who are just waiting to see that one band they've never had the chance to see.  Don't give us another fucking Red Hot Chili Peppers year.  We need something big.  

You've got deep pockets.

Use them.

No comments: