San Diego Radio Sucks Quite A Bit

Saturday, April 25, 2009

'twas the night before Coachella


Hard to believe that it's been more than a week since Coachella started. As usual, I've been listening to more than my fair share of music this week. Right now, it's the excellent I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness / Fear Is On Our Side LP that I finally found in my stacks this morning. Last night, I continued my Cure listening party with The Head On The Door, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, and Disintegration. I've been doing some shopping on the amazing Tonevendor Web site, but haven't had the guts to pull the trigger on what's in my shopping cart (vinyl copies of the first Scissor Sisters album and A Place To Bury Strangers, and a few other LPs and CDs). I'm thinking record shopping today, probably M-Theory. Luckily, San Diego record stores do not suck.

So Conner will kill me if I don't tell you the story of what happened the night before Coachella. We headed out into Indio, cruising Highway 111, looking for a place to eat. I suggested Chinese, he said no. I said no Italian. He said no pizza.

Fifteen minutes later we found ouselves at our usual haunt in La Quinta, The Beer Hunter. This place is great because it's got lots of sports up on the multiple TVs, and about a thousand beers to choose from. If anything could take our minds off of the wait we had to endure until the next morning, this was it.

So we eat and then head over to one of the area's many Target stores. I'd forgotton my all-in-one shampoo / body wash, so I figured I'd just make do with the cheapest bottle of shampoo I could find. This is a picture of it:


So we walk up to the counter where this pretty young girl is ready to check us out. I put the thing on the counter, she looks at it, she looks at me and says, "Is this for you?!" This amuses Conner to no end, as I immediately turn red and stammer, "Umm, umm, it's for my girlfriend."

She laughed in my face, but it was OK. There's not much that can spoil my mood that weekend.

So big gay mediaassassin's big gay shampoo bottle is sitting in my other bathroom, where it will be likely used by guests and such, and where I'll never have to see it again.

P.S. I am not gay.

P.P.S. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2 comments:

bereweber said...

that shampoo episode is hilarious!! a pre-Coachella classic, but I bet secretly on weekends you do shower with the pink shampoo!

the Beer Hunter sounds delicious!

Maashu said...

The funniest thing is that the shampoo was called "Dangerously Straight." I pointed this out to the girl and told her, "If this turns me gay, I'm going to be asking for my money back."

The Beer Hunter is like life, it's what you make of it ;)