San Diego Radio Sucks Quite A Bit

Sunday, January 19, 2014

81 Days 'til Coachella - Scuba



The more I try to find bands that might suck this year, the more I'm disappointed.  I mean, sure, there are bound to be some stinkers, but so far I'm just not randomly picking them.

Scuba is one of those acts that ended up being a pleasantly surprising brick wall I ran into when trying to find bands that sucked.  I figured it was probably a DJ, and I'm extremely suspect of the electronic music Coachella is booking these days in general, let alone electronic music in general.

It turns out that Scuba's track Hardbody could be my new favorite track.  It's a beautifully layered, textured, four on the floor stomper.  A wonderful, classic-sounding progressive house song complete with lush female vocals and a kick drum dropout that floats you gently away.

While I'd love to think that this is the norm, and that electronic music is returning to this, I know it's too good to be true.  So I'll just enjoy tracks like this one while they last.  If the rest of Scuba's stuff sounds like this, it could make for an extremely pleasurable set.

No comments: