San Diego Radio Sucks Quite A Bit

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Flashback - November 9, 2000 - Top 30+1 of the 1990s

 

We originally launched SanDiegoRadioSucks.com back in 2000.  This is a reposting of one of the original articles - my top list of the 1990s.  Looking at it now, I don't see a single album I'd take off this list, only albums I can't believe I couldn't also fit.  But that's a whole 'nother article.

This is really just for posterity.  I pulled this from Archive.org, which is amazing, but may not be around forever.  Blogger (this blog's parent site) is owned by Google (I think) and therefore will be around forever, or as close as it needs to be.

Expect full reviews of each album I never got around to completing.  I'm still collecting the vinyl versions of many of these that were never released on that medium when they came out.

  1. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
  2. Spiritualized - Laser Guided Melodies
  3. Verve - A Storm in Heaven
  4. Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die
  5. Soul Coughing - Ruby Vroom
  6. The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld
  7. Radiohead - OK Computer
  8. Swervedriver - Mezcal Head
  9. Afghan Whigs - Black Love
  10. Kruder & Dorfmeister - The K&D; Sessions (thus the +1)
  11. Seven Percent Solution - All About Satellites & Spaceships
  12. Mercury Rev - Yerself Is Steam
  13. Jeff Buckley - Grace
  14. Astralasia - The Seven Pointed Star
  15. NIN - The Downward Spiral
  16. Air - Moon Safari
  17. Crystal Method - Vegas
  18. Bjork - Debut
  19. Portishead - Dummy
  20. Kiln - Holo
  21. Catherine Wheel - Chrome
  22. Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
  23. Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
  24. Hum - You'd Prefer an Astronaut
  25. His Name Is Alive - Home Is In Your Head
  26. Nirvana - Nevermind
  27. PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?
  28. Hayden - Everything I Long For
  29. Beck - Odelay
  30. Swervedriver - Raise

No comments: