San Diego Radio Sucks Quite A Bit

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

79 Days 'til Coachella - Justice


My friend Benjamin said that Justice was a highlight for him last year, but I didn't get a chance to see much more than the end of their set. I love the Sahara tent, all the smoke, mirrors, and undercover agents that make PLUR a near-reality are always there.

Justice is a little hard to pinpoint, but they can't help but draw comparison to Daft Punk. Maybe 'cuz they're French, maybe 'cuz they're good. But if I had three words to describe their music it would be:

1. Jacking
2. Pumping
3. Pulsating

I'm not sure what I heard when I first listened to this group in May 2007, but for some reason I'm liking what I'm hearing a lot more now than I did back then. I don't know if I'm listening to anything different, maybe just differently. Their sound is about as electro as Vitalic at Training Bra, but maybe I'm finally getting used to that sound. Damn, has it been four years since my friends Bep and Unix launched LA's premiere monthly electro club?!

Who knows? It's just finally clicking for me, and blipping and bleeping and all that other good shit, too.

So if that sounds like something you might be into, by all means, stand behind me during their set.

No comments: